You may be busy going to class, doing homework and studying, but it’s time to think Summer! It’s time to think about being a counselor at Camp Sunshine in 2017! There has never been a more exciting time to join Camp Sunshine. This summer we will be serving 250 campers so the need for counselors is great! Tell your friends to register for the same session and prepare to have a blast!
There are lots of reasons to be a counselor at Camp Sunshine:
- It’s a fun, amazing experience!
- You will meet and work with incredible, wonderful people.
- You’ll feel good about yourself by helping others.
- It’s great for strengthening bonds, building stronger teams, and developing new relationships.
- It strengthens college applications, program letters of recommendation, and job applications.
- It can fulfill volunteer and service hours for a variety of organizations.
- You can see life through the eyes of a person with developmental disabilities.
- You will feel the sacredness of being part of a group where everyone is loved and accepted “just the way they are.”
- Many counselors return every year to experience the joy and excitement of Camp Sunshine.
Listen to our counselors describe their experiences at Camp Sunshine!
In addition to all the great reasons listed above, you have more choices. You may volunteer for any of the four sessions (or all of them!) at two camp locations.
Camp Sunshine at Camp Henry
Camp Sunshine at Camp Blodgett
For complete application instructions and an application checklist, click here.
If you have questions or concerns, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call the office at (616) 994-9897, or call Doug Ammeraal at (616) 218-4633.